Criminal Minds fans should buckle up for the show’s upcoming season 9 premiere. Why? Because it’s going to be a whopper two-part episode about a man who kills girls who look like his ex. “[The storyline] is pretty complicated,” teases Kirsten Vangsness of the episode, in which Camryn Manheim is set to guest. “I was a little confused for a second and then I figured it out and was like, ‘Wow!’”
While last season the show used their opener to establish season-long villain The Replicator, Vangsness says early intel indicates a different direction for this season. “I hear they want to tell a lot of origin stories this season — how we got to where we are. And I really enjoy those, when they go back and get into our personal stuff. And if they do that, it will afford us to go back and bring people back, like Strauss,” she says.
As for her character Garcia, Vangsness, whose Kickstarter campaign recently reached its goal, says she hopes to see more of Nicholas Brendon’s Kevin, but not because she wants Garcia to settle down with him. “I really like the storyline of her having another guy and her ex being upset,” she says. “I like that she gets so much action, so I really hope they continue that. The nerdy girls aren’t typically the ones you see dating. They’re usually holed up in their batcaves.”
More personal stories… /facepalm
I’m just worried that they won’t get continuity right and will introduce something that completely contradicts what was already established or just doesn’t make sense for the characters. These guys are so bad at continuity that they had to have a researcher go back and look over episodes so they could try to remember continuity from season 8. Why didn’t they just have it in a fact sheet or some sort of lexicon?
Garcia has slipped down to be one of my least favorite characters now. She used to be my second favorite but the more they’ve used her and turned her in to a caricature, the less I’ve enjoyed her.
I do not want them to get in to her dating life stuff. Too much like a soap opera (and I detest soap operas). She must not pay attention to modern shows bc the nerdy girls do actually get guys in a lot of the movies and such.
I think if they are going to do the relationship, they should either have Kevin completely move on and get over her OR have them get back together. I do not want to see Kevin pining away and being jealous. That just isn’t entertaining to me.
I really want them to focus on the team solving the cases. Also, I’m worried they will give someone a mullet again or just have a very bad wig and makeup— again.
It could be interesting if they do it well, but given the writing for the last three seasons, I honestly don’t trust these writers to pull it off. I’ll just have to wait and see.
- brittanyburkhardt likes this
- abrar49 likes this
- o-aida likes this
- mosscoveredsloth likes this
- coolmage likes this
- tinybrumettee likes this
- taralevan reblogged this from criminalmindsfeed and added:
- braidingthorinshair likes this
- a-dreaded-sunny-day likes this
- ineeda-inspirationn reblogged this from criminalmindsfeed and added:
- purplemonkeysintophats reblogged this from criminalmindsfeed and added:
- armedwithmadness likes this
- hold-your-breath-and-fall-apart likes this
- rockyhorrorglitterwhore reblogged this from emotionalfriend and added:
- rockyhorrorglitterwhore likes this
- dianethewanderer reblogged this from emotionalfriend and added:
- gublerreid likes this
- towriteloveisallyouneed likes this
- emotionalfriend reblogged this from criminalmindsfeed and added:
- ladyemodude reblogged this from criminalmindsfeed and added:
- ladyemodude likes this
- helenaaaaaayang likes this
- bckett reblogged this from lincolnslees and added:
- lincolnslees reblogged this from criminalmindsfeed and added:
- azureberry-punch likes this
- yourdreamsaresweet reblogged this from criminalmindsfeed and added:
- gubeworld reblogged this from criminalmindsfeed and added:
- gubeworld likes this
- smoothstiel reblogged this from criminalmindsfeed and added:
- laughingtears likes this
- criminalmindsfeed posted this